2005 Voted All-Time Greatest Bass Angler by fans (ESPN ALL-TIME GREATEST ANGLER DEBATE)
- 1st Place finishes: 20 National events.
- Top 10s: Over 150 in National events.
- 1976,1977,1984, and 1990 Bass Masters Classic World Champion.
- 1988 B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year.
- 28 consecutive years qualifying for the Bass Masters Classic World Championship.
- Qualified for 32 Bass Masters Classic World Championships.
- 1st Angler to win a million dollars in competitive bass fishing.
- 1985 Redman All-American Champion.
- 1983,1986 U.S. Open Champion.
- 14 B.A.S.S. National Championship wins.
- Holds the Bass Master Classic World Championship all-time catch Record of 75#9.
- FLW Champion Ross Barnett, Mississippi Feb. 1997.
- FLW Champion Beaver Lake, Arkansas April 2000.
- FLW Champion Pickwick, Alabama Lake June 2000.
- 2001 B.A.S.S. Mega-Bucks Champion.
- All-Time leading money winner FLW Tour, over $700,000.
- Inducted Bass Fishing Hall of Fame 2001.
- Inducted Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame 2001.
- 2002 B.A.S.S. Central Open Sam Rayburn Champion.
- 2005 Voted All-Time Greatest Bass Angler by fans (ESPN ALL-TIME GREATEST ANGLER DEBATE)
Largest Bass: 13#15 Alabama.
Bass Fishing Hero: Holmes B. Clunn, father.
Before becoming a full time Professional Bass Angler in March of 1976, Rick worked for 10 years in Houston, TX. in the Exxon Oil company's Computing Center. It was the 2nd largest computing center in the world at that time. NASA was the largest.
Caught first bass at age 6 on a red-white Lucky 13.
Guided on Lake Conroe Texas for 14 years (1975-1989).
Quote: One of the questions Rick is most often asked is "What would you tell young, aspiring fisherpersons?" His answer is, "Live your dream!" No matter what it requires, you must be true to your self. Whether it translates into honors and awards must be set aside. Whether you have the approval of others must be ignored. Being happy and in harmony with the rest of creation comes only when your pursue your heart felt dreams. Real dreams are dynamic. There is no final destination. It is more accurately a continuous journey where you experience your higher self in the most intimate way imaginable. You realize your dream is your vehicle to search for perfection. It is your art form, which gives you the creative ability to give back to creation. His angling journey has been his greatest teacher. It has become his infinite quest to reconnect with the wonders of creation. Creation's greatest gift was our creation. Our greatest gift in return is to fulfill our creative potential.