Venison Sushi Recipe
There is no better way to serve venison tenderloin than as a sushi appetizer with this simple recipe
This unique sushi recipe is best when made with thin slices of tender venison loin. (Photo courtesy of Shaun Davies)
Impress your guests with this venison-inspired sushi recipe from Gregg Ritz, Hunt Masters on Outdoor Channel.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water (plus extra for rinsing rice)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 6 thinly-sliced strips, seasoned and seared venison loin
- Minced scallions or fresh jalapeño peppers
- Soy sauce, optional
1. Prepare sushi rice according to package directions. Mold into 2-inch long by 1-inch high rectangles.
2. Sear 6 thin-sliced strips of venison loin to medium rare.
3. Place venison strips on top of rice. Top with scallions or jalapeño peppers. Sprinkle with soy sauce if desired. Enjoy!