Crush Recipe: Smothered Venison Burritos
Smothered in melted cheddar cheese, these venison burritos from Lee & Tiffany Lakosky will be your wild game go-to recipe when you're not sure what to make for dinner
Add tomatoes, cilantro or other favorite toppings to these venison burritos. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ pound venison (or elk)
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried beans
- 7-8 large flour tortillas (or 10 small tortillas)
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream chicken soup
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large skillet, cook the meat and onion until meat is browned and onion is translucent. Drain if necessary. Stir in refried beans and mix well.
3. Spoon meat/bean mixture onto tortillas and roll them up. Place in a greased 9x13-inch pan.
4. Whisk soup, water and taco seasoning in a bowl. Pour evenly over burritos. Sprinkle with cheese.
5. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
6. Remove burritos from the oven and add another cup of shredded cheese on top. Bake for 5 more minutes.
7. Serve with tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, avocados, salsa or any favorite toppings.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.