Crush Recipe: Crock Pot Elk or Venison Roast
Who doesn't love a good crock pot recipe? Toss some elk or venison in that magic slow cooker, ignore for 6 hours, and suddenly ... you've got yourself an awesome dinner!
Lee and Tiffany serve this crock pot venison roast recipe with homemade buns, mashed potatoes, frozen corn from the garden and broccoli. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 7 hours
- Elk or venison roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 envelope dry ranch dressing
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- ½ cup butter
1. Put olive oil in skillet.
2. Salt and pepper both sides of roast.
3. On high heat, brown/sear all sides of roast.
4. Once browned, place in crock pot and add ranch dressing, onion soup mix and butter.
5. Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours.
6. Remove roast and let rest while you make gravy out of juice from crock pot.
7. Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.