Crush Recipe: Venison French Dip with Au Jus
A venison twist on a classic sandwich recipe
Serve this venison French dip with a hot side of au jus to dip. (Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
French Dip Ingredients:
- 2 pounds shaved venison
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 sub rolls (we used multigrain)
Au Jus Ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. You can ask your butcher to slice the venison for you, or if you keep your venison steaks half frozen, use a slicer to shave two pounds of venison meat.
2. Add butter to a hot sauté pan and melt. Add garlic, shaved venison and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Sauté until venison is browned.
3. Season the venison with salt and pepper. Pile high on top of a toasted sub roll.
4. To make the au jus, bring 3 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low and whisk in beef bouillon cubes. Continue to whisk in 1 teaspoon soy sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
5. Add the optional toppings of sautéed onions, peppers and Swiss cheese according to your preference. Place au jus in a small bowl and serve alongside French dip sandwich.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.