Grilled Pheasant with Jalapeno and Bacon
This simple grilled pheasant recipe brings the flavor with jalapeno, bacon and a zesty homemade Italian dressing that won't break the bank
- Pheasant breasts, cut into 3 pieces
- Jalapeno slices
- 1 purple onion, sliced
- Bacon slices
- Italian dressing, recipe below
Cut the fillet into 3 semi-equal pieces. Put a slice of jalapeno and a slice of purple onion between 2 pieces of the pheasant. Wrap in bacon and marinate in zesty Italian dressing.
Grill until bacon is cooked. It's heaven all up in your mouth.
Sometimes I like to use Italian dressing to marinate turkey, chicken and steak, so here is a homemade dry mix you can make ahead and add oil and vinegar when ready to use. What a great way to save money!
Homemade Italian Dressing Mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery leaves or flakes
Mix ingredients together and store in a tightly closed container in a cool and dry place.
Homemade Italian Dressing
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Italian dressing mix (above)
Shake well and chill the night before you use it.
For more delicious pheasant recipes, visit www.MissHomemade.com.