Grilled Marinated Caribou Venison Sirloin Recipe
This simple marinade is great with any antlered venison, although it's hard to beat the delicate flavor and texture of caribou
The marinade for this Grilled Marinated Caribou Venison Sirloin Recipe has a hint of Asian flavors with both sweet and sour components. (Photo courtesy of Boone and Crockett)
Prep time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 2 ½ cups caribou (or other game) sirloin, trimmed and cut into 2-inch cubes
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine all ingredients aside from caribou into a tight-fitting jar and shake vigorously. Can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks.
2. Place caribou in a non-reactive container or zip-lock bag. Add marinade, toss and refrigerate for 1-6 hours.
3. Remove from marinade, drain and place on a medium-high, well-oiled grill and brown on all sides, but preferably not past medium-rare (130-135 degrees internal temperature).
For more great wild game recipes, check out Boone and Crockett’s award-winning cookbook.