Chicken-Fried Wild Turkey Recipe
Everyone knows about chicken-fried steak, but if you've never tried chicken-fried wild turkey, then this recipe is for you
Cover this Chicken-Fried Wild Turkey Recipe in a delicious homemade gravy.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 5 pounds turkey breast, de-boned and cut into strips
- Homemade Italian dressing (enough to cover turkey strips)
- 1 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- Kitchen Bouquet
1. Combine the Italian dressing, garlic powder and liquid smoke and mix well. Marinade the turkey strips in the mixture for several hours, or preferably overnight.
2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs first and then add the milk; mixing well. In another bowl add the flour, salt and pepper.
3. Dip the turkey strips into the egg mixture and then dust with the flour and seasonings. Deep fry until golden brown and the juices run clear. Drain.
4. To make the gravy, melt butter in a saucepan and add salt and pepper. Slowly add flour and cook for a minute or two. Slowly add milk and stir continually until mixture thickens. Add a little Kitchen Bouquet to darken the gravy.
5. Plate chicken-fried turkey strips and top with gravy.
For more turkey recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.