Crush Recipe: Venison Sausage Penne Pasta
(Photo courtesy of "Crush with Lee & Tiffany")
- 2 pounds venison ground breakfast sausage (if you use plain ground venison, season with spices)
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cans of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 jar of cheese conqueso (cheese dip in snack aisle)
- 1 package penne pasta
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- Brown meat and onion; drain if needed.
- Place in crock pot and add diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Add cooked meat and simmer on low for 3 hours.
- Add jar of cheese conqueso.
- Heat one more hour. If desired, garnish with red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Serve over penne pasta with crusty bread and a salad. Enjoy!
This can be made ahead the day before, put in the refrigerator and reheated the next day.
For more recipes from "Crush with Lee & Tiffany", visit TheCrush.tv.