Jalapeño Blue Cheese Venison Burgers Recipe
A great ground venison burger recipe featuring jalapeños and blue cheese
This juicy jalapeño blue cheese venison burger tastes even better with bacon and extra jalapeño slices. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10-15 minutes
Total time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison (can substitute ground turkey or beef)
- ¼ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid smoke
- ⅛ teaspoon hot sauce
1. Combine all ingredients together in a bowl. Do not overwork the meat when combining or it will be tough. Form into 6 patties.
2. Place venison patties on the grill and cook for 10 to 15 minutes. You may also put them in foil packets and place on hot coals, or even fry them.
3. Put venison patties in buns. (I always brown the bun with butter in a pan, broiler or grill.) Garnish with blue cheese crumbles (or blue cheese dressing), bacon and extra jalapeño slices if you wish. Serve with homemade french fries or potato wedges.
For more hunting and venison recipes visit MissHomemade.com.