Grilled Venison Steak and Bacon Recipe
For tender and delicious venison steak, marinate the meat in apple cider and barbecue sauce before wrapping it in bacon and grilling
This recipe for grilled venison steak is downright delicious. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 pounds venison tenderloin steak (or backstrap)
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 ½ pounds bacon
- 3 cups homemade barbecue sauce
- vegetable oil
1. Cut venison steak into 2-inch chunks and place in a dish. Add apple cider, making sure it covers all the meat. Let marinate for two hours in refrigerator.
2. Remove venison chunks from marinade and discard cider. Dry off venison and place back in the dish. Pour barbecue sauce over all and put back into the refrigerator for another two hours.
3. Wrap venison chunks in bacon and secure with toothpicks.
4. Clean grill grates and spray with vegetable oil. Grill venison on medium heat according to your personal preference (approximately 10-15 minutes). Turn often so the venison doesn't burn.
For more venison recipes visit, MissHomemade.com.