Venison Spaghetti Sauce Recipe
Top this venison spaghetti sauce with Parmesan cheese and serve with a side of hot garlic bread
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ pounds venison burger
- 1 (28-ounce) can peeled whole tomatoes, drained and blended
- 1 medium can Ro-Tel diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (13.25-ounce) can mushrooms
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼-½ cup sliced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup minced onions
- 1-2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons grape jelly
1. In a large skillet, cook venison burger until browned.
2. Once burger is browned, pour blended tomatoes into skillet. Mix well with venison. Add Ro-Tel chilis, mushrooms and sliced celery to skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Continue to let spaghetti sauce simmer. Add minced garlic, ½ cup of minced onions and oregano, stirring occasionally.
4. Add grape jelly to the skillet. Mash the jelly to break it up, then mix well with spaghetti sauce. Even though jelly is a unique ingredient, it pairs well with the tomato sauce.
5. Let spaghetti sauce simmer for 20 minutes or until spaghetti sauce is thick.
6. Serve sauce over a plate of spaghetti and with a side of warm garlic bread.