Grilled Walleye Recipe
This Grilled Walleye Recipe is easy to make and tastes so good
Serve this Grilled Walleye Recipe with a side of grilled asparagus and potatoes. (Photo courtesy of MissHomemade.com)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 2 walleye fillets, rinsed and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Fresh lemon, cut into wedges (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. In a small bowl, mix together melted butter and minced garlic.
2. Cover grill grate with foil and spray with vegetable oil. (You can use a fish grilling basket if you have one.)
3. Preheat grill to medium-high. Baste one side of the fillets with the garlic butter and cook for approximately 3 minutes, flip and repeat. Fish is cooked when it flakes easily with a fork and is opaque in color.
4. Serve with a side of grilled asparagus and potatoes. Enjoy.
Foil Packet Method – Camping
You may also spray a piece of heavy foil with oil
and place walleye fillets skin side down in the center of the foil. Spread
butter on fillets (or brush with melted butter) and top with another piece of
foil wrapping up edges so it is tight. Grill for 6 to 7 minutes on each side or
until it flakes easily with a fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste and
Stovetop Cooking Method
When you have fresh fillets, you can just cook them
in a heavy skillet sprayed with oil, skin-side down. Brush with butter or olive
oil. Cook for 4 to 6 minutes on each side or until fillet flakes easily with a
fork. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
For more walleye recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.