Italian Elk Venison Sausage Recipe
Join Brad Lockwood and learn how to turn ground wild game meat into flavorful Italian elk venison sausage links
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound elk or venison meat
- 2 slices hickory smoked bacon, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 bottled beer
- 1 cup water
- Sausage casings
1. Allow sausage casings to sit in a cold water bath for 2 hours to re-moisturize them, make the stuffing process easier and avoid tearing the casings.
2. Spread seasoning evenly across the top of meat and add water to blend seasoning. Allow to marinate at room temperature. While your meat is marinating, slice up your peppers and onions.
3. Grind meat through the meat grinder.
4. Add the meat into the mixer to ensure the bacon is evenly mixed with the meat.
5. Push meat into sausage casings, and cut the casings into individual links.
6. Place peppers and onions into CanCooker then lay sausage links on top.
7. Add a bottle of beer for flavor.
8. Put CanCooker on heat source and cook on low heat for approximately 45 minutes.