How to Make Pumpkin Preserves
Rick Browne and Ester Clowater-Sarchfield lay out the best way to make your own pumpkin preserves for fall
Yields: 3 cups
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 preserving pumpkin (a preserving pumpkin will look inverted)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 orange sliced, with rind still on
- 1 lemon sliced, with rind still on
- Small handful cloves, approximately ⅛ cup
1. Peel pumpkin and remove the seeds. Dice pumpkin into small pieces. Put diced pumpkin in a large pot.
2. Add to the pot your cut up orange, lemon and whole cloves.
3. Add sugar and mix ingredients together. Refrigerate overnight.
4. In the morning remove pot from the refrigerator and stir well. Place on the stove on medium-heat and simmer until the pumpkin is transparent (approximately one hour).
5. Bottle while warm.