Sour Cream Smothered Grouse Recipe
Using a tabletop oven like a Remoska is a unique and delicious way to make this Sour Cream Smothered Grouse Recipe
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
- Sautéed green onions
- Fresh thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- Sautéed mushrooms
- 1 ½ cups sour cream
- 3 tablespoons plum jelly
1. Coat grouse with thyme and flour. In a pan, brown each side of the grouse and set aside.
2. Add browned grouse to Remoska. If you do not own a Remoska, you can use an oven set to 350 degrees.
3. Add green onions and extra thyme to the Remoska. Add chicken stock and sautéed mushrooms. Cover the grouse and seasonings with approximately 1 ½ cups of sour cream.
4. On top of the sour cream, add 3 spoonful’s of plum jelly. Mix in the plum jelly and cover with the lid. After cooking for 1 hour, remove the smothered grouse from the Remoska. Serve and enjoy.