Spicy Maple Chex Mix Recipe
Made with pure maple syrup and spicy Sambal Oelek, this snack mix is like no other Chex Mix you've tried
This Spicy Maple Chex Mix Recipe makes for an awesome hunting or camping snack. (Photo courtesy of DirtyGourmet.com)
Permitted use provided by:
Yields: 27 cups
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 9 cups Wheat Chex
- 3 cups mini pretzels or pretzel sticks
- 6 cups cashews
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Sambal Oelek or Sriracha (you can use more or less depending on how spicy you like it)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, pretzels and cashews.
- In a saucepan, combine butter, maple syrup, soy sauce and Sambal Oelek. Bring to a simmer and stir until combined. Pour mixture over cereal mix and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread mixture on 3 large rimmed baking sheets (if you don’t have three, just bake it in batches). Bake for about 35 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until toasted. Remove from oven, stir, and let cool completely.
This spicy chex mix is a simple, but tasty snack to reward yourself with when you reach the summit of your next day hike. (Photo courtesy of DirtyGourmet.com)
For more snack recipes, visit DirtyGourmet.com.