Crappie Tostada Recipe
Make this south of the border inspired dish with fresh crappie fillets
Top this crappie tostada recipe with salsa, lettuce, cheese and sour cream.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 4 crappie fillets (6 to 8 ounces), skin removed
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 8 corn tortillas, fried flat in oil and drained on paper towels (or you can buy them already fried and flat)
- 1 ½ cups black beans, drained
- 2 cups shredded Jack cheese
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 ½ cups green chile salsa
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
1. Season fish with seasoned salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and cook fish on both sides. Remove fish from pan and add corn kernels. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Break fish apart into large chunks.
2. For each tostada, place one tortilla on a plate. Top with one fourth of the beans and corn. Top with ¼ cup cheese, a few onion rings, some fish and some salsa. Place the second tortilla over the salsa. Place 2 tomato slices on the tortilla. Add some more fish, then some salsa, some lettuce, more cheese and a tablespoon of sour cream. Serve and enjoy.