Stuffed Trout Recipe
Rick Browne is cooking up a delicious Stuffed Trout Recipe in New Brunswick, served with a side of fiddlehead ferns
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 minutes
- 4 trout, scaled and cleaned
- 1 cup pitted prunes, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons sweet sherry
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
1. In small bowl mix prunes, sherry and breadcrumbs together.
2. Season with salt and pepper and mix in parsley and dill.
3. Mold mixture into cavity of trout and secure with toothpicks. Instead of toothpicks, you can also tie trout closed with butcher's string, or use metal or bamboo skewer laced through the fish.
4. Heat oil in the pan over medium-high heat on stove or on a barbecue side burner. Cook trout for 2 ½-3 minutes on each side, adding a squeeze of lemon juice while trout is cooking.
5. Serve with a side of fiddlehead ferns.